Today has been a wonderful fall day. Rainy, chilly and perfect for being inside with all the busy-ness of getting ready for Thanksgiving. I’m the designated pie maker in our family and today was pie day. What’s your favorite pie? I like them all, but Pecan is by far my favorite. If you’re outside the US and you don’t celebrate Thanksgiving, I hope you have something that gives you the opportunity to gorge on pumpkin and pecan pies — I think Thanksgiving is about the only time we take the time to enjoy them!
In the spirit of so many of you who do frequent gratitude posts, here are a few things, both big and little, that I’m thankful for:
- First and foremost, Family. All the characters over there on the sidebar.
- A gloomy rainy day that makes me happy for a nice warm home.
- Thanksgiving Pies!
- My goofy, kind brother-in-law who makes me laugh and who needs a character name so he can appear in the sidebar too.
- Fabric. Thread. Patterns. Sewing Machine. Iron. You get the picture.
- All of you. Your blogs so full of daily inspiration.
- SweetiePie really is a Sweetie Pie.
- A week off of work to be able to do a few things that I never have time for.
- MyDadLovesMeBestSister is hosting Thanksgiving, so I don’t have to work so hard this year.
- The Quilty Peeps.
- That I can humor two grown boys who spent time yesterday while I was gone, laughing at their mother’s blog.
- My job. I’d much rather be home, but it’s good to have a job.
- Sump pumps.
- Time to clean out the linen closet that I wanted to clean early last spring.
- TheManoftheHouse keeps up with our computers.
- Time with the family to play Hand and Foot.
- Rolo candy.
- This little indulgence. It made my pie making so fun this year.
- Thanksgiving is early this year, which makes the gap between Thanksgiving and Christmas longer.
- We have a “chance” of snow accumulation tonight.
- TheEmptyNestChild hasn’t eaten anything requiring surgery so far this year.
- Good health for everyone in our family.
- The best parents a girl could ever wish for and a very happy childhood.
Well, I could go on and on, I’m very, very blessed. If you’re in the US, I hope you have a very wonderful Thanksgiving surrounded by loved ones.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.
Thanks for stopping by!