1. SNOW! It’s snowing here tonight. They said we might get as much as five inches. I’m trying not to get too excited, but. SNOW!!!!
2. I had a VERY lucky streak in blog winnings a few weeks oops, months ago. From Alison I won a beautiful set of Christmas ornaments. Aren’t they pretty? They arrived just in time for Christmas — Thank you Alison, I love them!
3. In another giveaway, I won a pattern for the very pretty Crossroads block from Meredithe. For some reason, when I won, I didn’t realize that the pattern included a template set. I love the pattern and the templates are just perfect. They’re pretty and sturdy and very cool. Thank you Meredithe — what a fun giveaway prize.
4. In yet ANOTHER giveaway, I won a gift certificate to the Fat Quarter Shop from Vreni. It took me a few weeks to make my selections, but it sure was fun to do a little shopping. I had to add a few new Cat-in-the-Hat prints to my Dr. Suess stash. That red dot comes from Moda’s Circa 1934 collection and the bottom two pink-ish fabrics are a Dear Stella line. Thank you SO much Vreni — it was really fun to add some goodies to my stash!
5. I’m hiking right along on my applique UFO. I’ve finished one more border since Christmas. Considering it took me 10+ (15?) years to complete the first two borders, that’s big progress. Jan mentioned these John James Gold’nGlide applique needles a few weeks ago on her blog so I thought I’d try them out. I like them! They’re a tad bigger than the needles I have been using (just random needles from the sewing box) but, true to their word, they glide through the fabric. Thanks Jan for a great tip!
Ok. Off for some stitching. Happy Weekend!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.
Thanks for stopping by!