1. I’m making progress on my steampunk blocks. I’m slow, but I’m taking my time and having great fun.
2. MeMum and I went to Shipshewana last week. While I was in Lolly’s (I would link, but it looks like their website is no longer there), I noticed Primarily Quilts by Di Ford behind the cash register. I’d been checking it out on the internet, so I took the opportunity to save money on postage and treated myself.
There are some gorgeous quilts in this book. I particularly have my eye on Phebe. Because, you know. Sheepies!
3. A month or two ago, I came across Esther Alieu’s blog. Are you following along with her Love Entwined quilt along? There are hundreds of women making this quilt (which is certainly not for the faint of heart) and I think it’s going to be great fun to watch their progress. It’s SOOO tempting to join in, but. I won’t list my lame reasons. Anyway, I’m really looking forward to seeing the many variations of this quilt. You have to join the Yahoo Group to see all the pictures. Totally worth it!
4. I won a giveaway from Meredithe. She makes beautiful quilting templates and she sent me the set for this fun Cheddar star block. Thank You Meredithe!
5. Summer is in full swing around here, as evidenced by my growing coneflower bed. I love my coneflowers and look forward to seeing them bloom every year. It’s been hot and miserable and muggy (thank you rain!) for a week, but it broke yesterday and we’re in for a perfect weekend.
I hope your weekend will be great too!